How do I Get This Trim Off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting ready to get started on my rockrail installation. Theres a piece of plastic trim along the bottom of the rocker panel, that I dont see in the photos for installing it, so I'm guessing it has to come off. However, I dont see any screws. Does it just pop off or what? I'd post pics but my camera's batter is charging right now.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The installation instructions for these rails looks like you need access for some drilling along that crease. I really dont want to take them off, but it's looking like I have no choice. I hate all this plastic clip stuff on new cars.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Post pics with the guards on. =P~ How much did they run you?

Unfortunately, they are not on. We ran into an issue with the template for drilling. The holes weren't quite right, and obviously it needs to be absolutely perfect. We dont quite have the machinery to make our own template. So, Martin from Rock Lizard Fabrications was very understanding and is shipping a corrected one out Monday. As far as cost, I think it came out to around $350, but that was with the introductory pricing and he paid for shipping due to some delays in recieving them. I would still highly recommend doing business with him though as he takes pride in his products and is willing to stay in contact with customers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.