How can you tell??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Liberty, 2006 sport, it had 13000 miles on it and I was told by the dealer they had changed out the ball joints per the recall. I checked the Chrysler WEB page and checked it and it also said there were no outstanding recalls on my VIN...But.......How can you tell by looking ??

(Aeh) :-k

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeg said:
When I bought my Liberty, 2006 sport, it had 13000 miles on it and I was told by the dealer they had changed out the ball joints per the recall. I checked the Chrysler WEB page and checked it and it also said there were no outstanding recalls on my VIN...But.......How can you tell by looking ??

(Aeh) :-k

Just print the recall notice or have someone copy it for you, and go down to dealer say I printed this off the website, and see if they will do the recall.

Also it should be easy to spot, if the ball joints were replaced and if they look new.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer already said they did it in September. But with only 13000 miles everything uderneath still looks new....Here in Flroida, the underside doesn't get dirty very fast........

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the website shows no outstanding recalls then it was done, that's it. They will definately not do it for you again when there's nothing outstanding.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Marlin......it has a blue ring... Also,,,I just don't trust dealers to do what they say they did.

appreciate reponses..

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon.....soryy about the spelling of your name...............