Help with Transfer Case Skid Install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickmv

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the tcase skid, all of the holes line up but 1, so i shouldn't have to do any drilling because there's plenty to hold it up. Anyways, maybe it's just me, but I don't see how these inserts work for the holes? Here's a picture of what came with the plate. Can anyone explain what exactly I need to do to get the inserts into the holes? I followed the instructions but maybe I'm not understanding them very well. Thanks

Here's a pic of what I've got:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=88295811&size=l

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick the inserts into the holes, when you put the bolts into them they expand and hold it in. Not very strong at all. When i put my skid on im going to drill holes out the top and put grade 8 bolts where i can. Some places you cant drill because its in the frame.

I think thats how those inserts work. 8-[

Sean

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I (or two other buddies and a guy at the parts department) couldnt figure out how. The guy at the dealer looked it up, analyzed it, and then figured it out. you take the weird loooking bolt with a spacer/bearing covering it and bolt the bronze piece into the holes. Mine purchased back in sept is still not in yet because the peice got suck while i was bolting one in, go figure. Ill probibally take it to the dealer one of these days.

nickmv

Reaction score
yeah i finally got it, im blown out from the install. if you dont have the nutzert completely flush with the holes, then the nutzerts rotates when you try to tighten it to baloon the inside so it stays. It took a lot of muscle to get it to finally expand and set. Now I just need to get the front skid and I'll be set.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats how i figured they went in. Kinda stupid i think. Ive seen many people say that they come out on the trail when rocks hit them. So do you have all the skids besides the front one? Theres 4 in all.