Hello Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! My name is Nick I am a college student and car salesman. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty limited. 196k miles (I drive alot!) Mom bought it brand new and I got it with 60k on it. It is in pretty good condition. I just threw a head gasket though :mad: And from what I have found 9 times out of 10 on the 3.7 when you over heat it the head is F'ed too. So rather than throwing that kind of money at an engine with 200k on it I bought an engine from a salvage yard with 90k on it and I am putting that in probably this weekend.
I had one of those cheap ebay lifts with 31x10.5x15's, but it rode like crap and ate cv axels. I took it out and put the rig back to stock for a while. Right now it is sitting stock. I need struts and shocks and tires so I mind as well lift it again and make this rig into what I like to drive again. I am willing to spend some money. I am giving this jeep a new lease on life. I dont want to drop 20k plus on a new jeep until I am done with school and after that I will probably just keep the KJ for a trail rig, but for now (winter only mostly) it will be my DD. Looks like you guys have alot of fun here and alot of knowledge I am excited to get involved!

Nick

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Nice to see your plans to keep it on the road. Toss in a used motor and keep her going!

Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for the motor your swapping in?

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am having fun already! Lots of good knowledge!

Welcome!

Nice to see your plans to keep it on the road. Toss in a used motor and keep her going!

Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for the motor your swapping in?

I had to pay 1100.00

They are a little spendy, but well worth it. I was highly considering a reman motor, but they are spendy and I would still be using my 200k injectors and intake stuff. I am going to tear all of my intake coil packs and injecters out of my old motor and throw them in a box for extra parts and give the core back as a long block basically. For what a Reman costs I could put 2 used motors in and still be ahead.

Thanks for the welcome and for all the advice!