Having occasional running issues and occasional starting issues, plus a feast of diagnostic codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIM0NEY

Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep Liberty has had the occasional check engine light that will come and go for over a year now. The car has failed to start in the past once or twice. Recently it would start, then die immediately. Just today, it started, ran pretty rough, and all the dash lights came on along with the gauges failing. We took it to a parts store and got the following error codes:

U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM
U113A - Lost Communication with SCM - CAN-C
U0141 - Lost Communication with IPM (FCM/TIPM)
P0480 - Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit/Open
P0481 - Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit/Open
U110E - Lost Ambient Temperature Message
U1403 - Implausible Fuel Level Signal Received
U110C - Lost Fuel Message
U1110 - Lost Vehicle Speed Message
U1120 - Lost Wheel Distance Message

I feel like most of those are being caused by others. My guess is that my primary issue is with the ECM/PCM? But from what I've read there could be a number of issues with it. I'm here now because I thought some experienced folks might be able to help me narrow down the issue with the ECM/PCM by seeing the other codes with it. I do worry that this isn't something I can replace myself cuz it'd have to be programmed using special equipment. I would like to handle this entirely myself if possible. I'm confident in getting pretty deep with the home repairs if it's even feasible.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.