Hard shifting. New clutch master cylinder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through a few posts on here and it seems that if the clutch master cylinder or the slave fail then the whole system had to be replaced. I am having trouble shifting into most gears. It feels as though the clutch pedal is not working much at all.What part in this case gets replaced? Not the whole transmission right? What work and part am I looking to get a quote on?

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably just need a new clutch. The pressure plates on mine were starting to go, and then the throw out bearing exploded on me one day- 200 miles from home. I found a decent shop where I was and it cost just under $700 to have a luk clutch kit installed.

:pp:

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission shop says it is the hydraulics, so the slave and master. The shop owner apparently pulled some fluid out of them and then reworked some back in and now it's working better temporarily. The part is on expedited shipment from the warehouse to be replaced tomorrow or the day after. $270 installed. He said the clutch seemed to be in good shape. It'll be sitting until the work gets done, I'll tell you that!