Grease zerts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepman

Reaction score
I just joined up and I already have questions.

This has probably been brought up before, but I looked a couple of different times and I cannot find any zerts to grease on the front suspension on my Liberty. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see a one front or back. (Aeh)

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not blind there aren't any, but this is not the only new rigs being built this way. Moog make a LBJ (lower ball joint) that is greasable and replaceable. The upper is part of the upper arm and therfore repaired as a unit. If you lift you can buy a set of Al's arms and they come with a replaceable MOOG greasable UBJ like the lowers. I hear he's in the works to build one for stock rigs also.

Jeepman

Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
Your not blind there aren't any, but this is not the only new rigs being built this way. Moog make a LBJ (lower ball joint) that is greasable and replaceable. The upper is part of the upper arm and therfore repaired as a unit. If you lift you can buy a set of Al's arms and they come with a replaceable MOOG greasable UBJ like the lowers. I hear he's in the works to build one for stock rigs also.

OK, good. Cause after a couple of oil changes and not finding anything to grease, I was getting worried. Ecspecially with the susp and LBJ problems that DCJ has had.

Thanks!

Jeepman

Reaction score
valvestem said:
The correct term is "Zerk Fittings", I don't think there are any on a Liberty. (dunno)

My bust!, Webster. wtf.gif

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its true, the libby doesnt have any and thats a major reason why the front suspension starts to fall apart with higher miles. More so with the ball-joints and Tie-rod ends. ](*,)

Jeepman

Reaction score
To: Jeepman
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:02 am
Subject: WTF WTF

Hey if you want to look like you can't spell, that's OK with me. But I don't need the "WTF" flag, OK?

DO NOT send me PMs like this! [-X

Jeepman

Reaction score
Jeepman said:
To: Jeepman
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:02 am
Subject: WTF WTF

Hey if you want to look like you can't spell, that's OK with me. But I don't need the "WTF" flag, OK?

DO NOT send me PMs like this! [-X

If I wanted to be patronized, I would call my mother-in-law. Notice no one else said anything about the spelling or terminology, they understood what I was talking about and they answered the question that was asked.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Relax fellas...it was an honest mistake. No need to jump all over each other. Nobody is perfect, and god knows most of us aren't the worlds greatest spellers either. This is a Jeep forum, not an English Teachers Forum. Enough Said.

I really do not want to lock this thread, as it is an answer to a common question that comes up among the DIY type people, and those who are new to the KJ can easily be thrown off by the lack of grease-able fittings. I know it threw me off the first time I did the oil change.

Jeepman

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Relax fellas...it was an honest mistake. No need to jump all over each other. Nobody is perfect, and god knows most of us aren't the worlds greatest spellers either. This is a Jeep forum, not an English Teachers Forum. Enough Said.

I really do not want to lock this thread, as it is an answer to a common question that comes up among the DIY type people, and those who are new to the KJ can easily be thrown off by the lack of grease-able fittings. I know it threw me off the first time I did the oil change.

=D>

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does help to have the correct spelling for anyone who is trying to search the forum. I say leave the incorrect spelling in as well though just in case someone doesnt spell the word correctly when they search.

Back to the grease fittings...you can add Moog Lower Balljoints, Al's upper A arms and I think some Rear Lower control arms from somewehre, that all have grease fittings, I think its a good idea to have them. It forces you to take a closer look at more things at maintenance time.