got some money what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kev

Reaction score
So I got 250 buks to screw around with what would be the best thing to buy for my stock 02 liberty ltd.

Last edited:

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to go offroad, then skid plates or sliders, if your not.... $250 will buy you a daystar lift.

kev

Reaction score
Well I go off roading but not that much and I just go muddin down back roads so I guess I go light muddin I don't think I need and plates do I?

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as you leave the pavement, skids are the #1 first investment. Things can lurk in the mud too.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, nothing like running over a branch and having it skewer your ****** pan.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) skids
2) hooks
3) a good recovery strap - not a tow strap

Never leave the pavement without those.

It is good to have a second 4x4 with you in case someone gets stuck to pull each other out.

Then there's better tires, rock rails, a lift.....and the list goes on....once you start you get the jeep disease and you will come on here and L O S T for "counceling".........it's free......the counciling I mean......:D

Dave

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) skids
2) hooks
3) a good recovery strap - not a tow strap

Never leave the pavement without those.

It is good to have a second 4x4 with you in case someone gets stuck to pull each other out.

Then there's better tires, rock rails, a lift.....and the list goes on....once you start you get the jeep disease and you will come on here and L O S T for "counceling".........it's free......the counciling I mean......:D

Dave

pff it might be free counceling but they will spend your money for you! lol, I go to lost and I am told I need more, first the skids then the lift, a locker, and now I gotta get a rear locker and a snorkel. :) but its worth it

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
pff it might be free counceling but they will spend your money for you! lol, I go to lost and I am told I need more, first the skids then the lift, a locker, and now I gotta get a rear locker and a snorkel. :) but its worth it

jcs........that's what I mean. You got the disease now.......LOL

Dave

kev

Reaction score
Plates it is then. Can anyone give me a price for all of them I belive I have the one that comes stock up front.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the engine skid, then you would need the t-case skid and the ****** skid and I beleive they are both about $50 each from jparts and the gas tank skid which is around $100-115 I think and I know there is one website where if you spend enough you get free shipping

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans skid: http://jparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1472&osCsid=74650c89def71b55c1990841d415943e

Transfer case: http://jparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=235&osCsid=74650c89def71b55c1990841d415943e

Gas tank: http://jparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=186&osCsid=74650c89def71b55c1990841d415943e

Trans and transfer case are most important. You can get by for a while w/out gas tank skid if you watch where you are going backing up of course.

Thoughts above are right on. Protection and recovery gear. Wheel careful and you should be fine for now.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Invest in a cold air intake, and exaust. Gas milage is important to me. (a forum is for your opinion right) I'm not a huge off road driver, I use my part-time 4x4 to get up hills covered in ice, and what have you. I love my Jeep though and i would armor it up if it was going to go play in any mud thats not right next to the 7/11 right next to my house.