GDE Eco Tune and NJ Emission Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJBill

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken their CRD through NJ inspection with the GDE Eco tune? If yes, did it pass?

Thanks,
Bill

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here taken their CRD through NJ inspection with the GDE Eco tune? If yes, did it pass?

Thanks,
Bill

Winter is a bad time to have this done, if you can put it off till the summer when the engine is combustion more efficiently you would get better results. If they are going to be putting you on a dyno machine, make sure you can have all 4 wheels going at once in full time, I heard of some one having all kinds of problems and failing because of the ESP, (rear wheels turning with the front wheels not.) Not sure where I read this, but I will search around and see if I can find it.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. However, I was hoping to find more specific information from someone who has taken a GDE Eco tuned CRD through NJ emissions inspection. If anyone out there fits this description, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill

Well, you have a better shot asking this question on LOST.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be better with the Eco tune since it is more fuel efficient. But then you never know what they are testing for. I can't say about passing test I can offer you one solution. Move to PA there is no emission test on diesel here they are all exempt.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im not sure about diesels, but since its not a commercial vehicle, I would assume the emmisions would be tested the same. All they did for me in NJ was hook up a scanner and put a new sticker on. This was after they started only testing for emissions. I have also heard that diesels didnt even have to go through inspection, but I am not sure about that, since I only had heard it second hand. Hope it works out for you.

baransky76

Reaction score
There is no emision inspection for diesels in State of New Jersey for cars under certain GVWR and under 10 and younger years old from date of manufacture , and so far now we don't even have to go thrue mechanical inspection ( just self inspection )

Members online

No members online now.