fuel water separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick25crd

Reaction score
hi guys.
does anyone know something about the "base" that fits on the fuel filter?
i think it is a parker-racor thing but i don't anything else.my crd is one 2.5L (2002).i would like to know the parker-racor part number any spacifications...HOW MANY MICRON,DIMENSIONS....

Last edited:

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is already leaking you should put something in there (like rtv sealant something).

You're better off getting a new unit...

Agreed on both points. With a 2.8 L and a vacuum fuel system, you could end up sucking in enough air such that the engine will die from fuel starvation at the worst possible times, or if it gets bad enough not even start at all.

DC/Jeep did come out with an upgraded fuel filter assembly that supposedly addresses this issue - from what I've heard if you get a new unit nowadays you'll get the upgraded version.

If you get a new fuel filter assembly, also check the connector on the wiring harness. Some people have found that when the fuel heater got hot enough to cause a leak like this to develop, it also damaged the electrical connector.