Front Guard fit on 05 Renegade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a Liberty today with the black tubular steel guard that just outlines the grille and goes back to the undercarriage.

1) Will this fit on a Renegade with the bumper mounted fogs?

2) Is it as simple as bolting the guard to the frame underneath? I'm assuming the holes are already there?

I think it would look super slick on my girl's 05 Silver Liberty!

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do belive that you can do it but if your renegade is equipped with factory front tow hooks then you would have to take them off.. the brush guard bolts up to where your tow hooks are

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah she does have the tow hooks. I talked to her about it today and she is not sure she wants to sacrifice the hooks, lol, she loves those things.

Personally I want a winch!

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am facing the same dilema. I want a brush guard...or tumble weed smasher in this area...but I am not willing to sacrifice the tow hooks. The Westin Brush Guard I had on my Ranger (B4000), was not strong enough to use as a tow point.

Are there any brush guards that either mount in a fashion that would not requrie the tow hooks to be removed, or is strong enough to use as a tow point?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brigrat said:
Are there any brush guards that either mount in a fashion that would not requrie the tow hooks to be removed, or is strong enough to use as a tow point?

That is the issue with my guard. It has to take up the tow hook points, and I will not trust that the guard could be used as a tow point. ARB?