FRAM Sure Oil Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone ever try this product and do you know what size you need? need to change my oil soon this might make it a lot easier! i had a few other questions:
-what oil do you recommend (i was gonna go with 5w30 synthetic)
-how many quarts (i think it was 5, right??)
-do you need to remove the skid plate to do it?
-how do you get to the oil filter, its in a tight corner?
thanks.

FRAM Sure Oil Drain

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people on this board use a 5w30 Syn oil. With drain intervals around 5k, depending on your driving, but I suggest a filter change out half way through that 5000, and add half a quart.

It is 5 quarts.

No, you do not need to remove the skid plate, but it is pain in the butt with it in place. The sure drain product will help.

To get the oil filter, come at it from the front, slide under and reach up past the front sway bar, it will be tight from the factory. Use a compact strap wrench or a oil filter wrench with teeth. People complain about that a lot, personally I've never had a problem. Use Purolater filter # L20195

uvalax236

Reaction score
Fram Oil Drain

Have it and love it. Helps a whole lot with not having to remove the ****** skid. I got mine off Rusty's when I ordered my new muffler.

Latest posts

Members online