Ford Guy here....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james06scl

Reaction score
Yep just like the title states, I'm a Ford guy, never owned anything but.
Having said that my girlfriend owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4, and I'm the one who gets to work on it and service it. So just a hello to everyone... I'm joining up as I've already found a number of useful threads on here, and I can likely exchange a few solutions to issues that I've had to deal with on "our" Jeep. I might ad that from a Ford guys perspective this jeep which has over 300,000 km's is still running strong, and by all accounts seems to be a decent, sturdy little vehicle. It's had a number of issues, but always been reliable... (knock on wood..) Looking forward to exchanging information...
Thanks, James

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Girlfriend has a Jeep? Sounds like a keeper. :D

Welcome!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember:

You must be registered for see images

Dear mods: sorry if that was inappropriate!!! I couldn't contain myself.

PS - I like Ford too!

Last edited:

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome ford guy! from a fellow ford guy ha ha. I recently got my wife a diesel liberty, to go along with my 7.3 psd ha ha. It was a tough decision, but I love diesel... Ha ha what kind of ford are you drivin?

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a salesman for a Ford Dealership which is my dream job, if that tells you how passionate I am about Ford.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a salesman for a Ford Dealership which is my dream job, if that tells you how passionate I am about Ford.

Nice! Now that our crd is lifted I kind of want it for myself, if I had the cash flow now if get my wife one of those sexy new Fusions. Winter is my slow time though ha ha.

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

james06scl

Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome, nice to hear that there is a few other Ford people here as well lol.
In addition to the jeep we have a Ford Fusion. The two vehicles seem to compliment each other well as the Jeep is handy for getting larger bulkier items (Christmas tree, etc...) and the Fusion uses half of the fuel that the Jeep does and is the go to vehicle for longer trips.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Oh you're one of those guys :hmm::hmm::hmm:
Worked as a tech then the head of the Service Department in a Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealership back in the late 70s.
Salesmen there were not liked :hidesbehindsofa::friday:

Bought my first new Ford pickup in 1975. New one every year there after for quite a number of years. Lots of 4 wheel drives, couple of the F250 High Boys , Last one was the 98 F150 Nascar Edition they had out. Was great after 2 months of work on it to get it running " my way " :happy107:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work a rural dealership so were a tight knit group. I get along great with our service adviser since before I did this I was a service adviser for Bridgstone Retail.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I worked in a small town dealership as well back then, 2300 in the whole town, which was the county seat, 14,500 in the whole county :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
I worked for Goodyear later as a Service Advisor, then Manager and later a Regional Manager for Central ohio

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In honesty I'm not a fan of Goodyear, I have a friend who is trying to recruit me to work for Goodyear, says its better than working for Bridgestone but I love what I do. I know my first year is going to be painful but once I get established it will fall into place. But as a Ford man in perspective I have a strong respect for Jeep since if you take care of them they'll run practically forever. While not a fan of the Wrangler because of my legs and trying to get in and out of them, I love the Liberty because it's just right for me.