Flood lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKingabovemen

Reaction score
I just got some flood lights offline, and trying to get them set up properly. Do any of you guys know which wire can be used to tap into for “Acc” on a 06 Jeep Liberty renegade so the led light on my switch does not stay on?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Best to tap the positive source (red wire) off one of the two bolts on the under hood fuse/relay for the positive and use a chassis ground as close to the lights as possible for the negative negative(black wire).

To do what you are requesting you must have both an inline fuse rated to the lights and a Bosch style relay along with a three connection toggle switch. PLEASE do the math and use the right fuse for your lights and make sure you have metal to metal contact on your chassis ground. I encapsulate all chassis grounds with a little RTV or the like. I also highly suggest you solder your connections. However if you do use but splices dose them with dielectric grease and wrap them in bulldog tape and a layer of electrical tape. You will thank me later when they never fail.

You must be registered for see images attach

I recently installed mine and they work great if you follow this schematic and install the right fuse.

Also, please remember you MUST disconnect the positive from the battery and wait ten minutes before you do ANY electrical work on Christler systems (pun intended) as they are notorious for bad things happening if you are working on them live.

As I am waiting on the rest of my lights and such, temporarily I used this very affordable plug an play harness. One for my ditch lights and one for my rear work floods. (Disclaimer, I bought mine locally from Menards for 17.99USD)

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully you are not going to use the "flood lights " on the highway, since they throw light everywhere in a very short area just in front of you and blind other oncoming traffic
Many make that mistake

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hopefully you are not going to use the "flood lights " on the highway, since they throw light everywhere in a very short area just in front of you and blind other oncoming traffic
Many make that mistake
Agreed. Floods are only good for ditch lights and work lights. One should keep in mind they are approved for "off road use only".

Latest posts

Members online