Firefighter trying to find places to mount & install of my gizmos.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade60

Reaction score
I'm assuming I'm posting in the right place. First, I've got on '04 Liberty Renegade. I've got a mobile radio with a remote head, a siren controller, a full light bar, & a light controller to mount. I've got a temporary set up right now with a "boobie" light that plugs into the cigarette lighter with the siren controller when I want to use it. I'm having problems trying to figure out where to cram all this stuff. Since the radio is a remote head, I'm putting the box or whatever under the seat, but I've still got to find a place for the remote head. I'm just trying to figure out the best places to mount things & stash wiring. I'm having trouble finding advice on it since I've met one other firefighter who had a Liberty.

Thanks everybody!

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a good write up on LOST jeeps about installing emergency lights I think it's for a KK though, I'm on my phone now so I don't really want to look it up and paste it here search google for it.... Alright had to see it myself, here is one a guy made, I know there is another one but I can't find it, might give you some ideas.
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Homemade emergency lightbar/off road lights

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Maybe Surf will poke his head in here ... he must have all those goodies!

Good luck

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Firefighter trying to find places to mount & install of my gizmos.

I mounted my Ham radio under the drivers seat and put the control head above the center vents. Pics are here http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53652 I don't have any volunteer gear installed yet but have some ideas, the siren/horn being the only one I'm trying to find a mounting space for.

Sent from Dark Side of the Moon using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have hidden visor lights in my windshield. My siren is by the 4wd lever. My cb and radio is mounted on custom mount under the driver seat.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have hidden led "visor lights" in my windshield. And traffic adviosr in the back window. My siren is by the 4wd lever. My cb and radio is mounted on custom mount under the driver seat.

Renegade60

Reaction score
There's a good write up on LOST jeeps about installing emergency lights I think it's for a KK though, I'm on my phone now so I don't really want to look it up and paste it here search google for it.... Alright had to see it myself, here is one a guy made, I know there is another one but I can't find it, might give you some ideas.
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Homemade emergency lightbar/off road lights

Thanks for the links! I need to check that out! :)

Maybe Surf will poke his head in here ... he must have all those goodies!
Haha, ok!
Good luck

I mounted my Ham radio under the drivers seat and put the control head above the center vents. Pics are here Any Ham's around these parts? - Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country I don't have any volunteer gear installed yet but have some ideas, the siren/horn being the only one I'm trying to find a mounting space for.

Sent from Dark Side of the Moon using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm doing with the drawer unit, putting it under my passenger seat though. My liberty is an '04 & the chief's old liberty was an '05 & he done his siren speaker different than mine. I think he went through the air dam to get access into the grill. My grill cover thingy popped right out almost, my air dam was a lot harder to get out than his. So I ended up using some long drill bits to make the holes for the mounting brackets & putting the siren speaker between the slats in my grill. I don't have pics, just of the aftermath going off, haha.

I have hidden visor lights in my windshield. My siren is by the 4wd lever. My cb and radio is mounted on custom mount under the driver seat.

We saw some cup holder mounts up at the Hamvention in Dayton so I might also look into something like that.

Squid27WFD3

Reaction score
Here are a few installs on a Lighting forum I did a search when I did my setup.
2003 Jeep Liberty
2007 Jeep Liberty POV
http://pme9501.smugmug.com/Cars/2007-Jeep-Liberty/20892477_vnsQg7#!i=1659564578&k=3SwxHBR

I have mine setup the following after a while looking and trying to fit stuff.

Front all blue
Micromax dual xtreme linear dash light on windshield.
2 Whelen tir 6 in the grill
Sides all blue
Brush guard Feniex Fairy on each side
Rear side windows I have a pair of Feniex cobra 6's
Rear
Feniex Fairy in tail lights clear section
2 Blue and 2 Amber tir 4 lightheads mounted to head liner

I have my scanner mounted under the passanger seat and my mobile radio I replaced with a hand held that goes on a ram mount.

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an old metal square to make this bracket and just used two zip ties in my windshield vent to secure it. It is fairly sturdy and completely removable and won't leave any holes or anything when I do take it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kj04libby....gotta let us in on that gauge cluster