Finding out package code and features?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what package code my Freedom Edition is, as well as find out what all my options were, does anyone have access to decode my VIN, or some other way to get a build sheet? I'm mostly interested in my axle gear ratio and which Command Track (HD) or not it has...also what is the difference between the HD Command Trac and standard Command Trac?

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepkj02 said:
To get a build sheet go to your local dealer and they will print one out for you. To decode your VIN go here: http://jeep.avtograd.ru/VIN/vin_en.asp

Your axle gear ratio is 3.73, unless you have a 4-cylinder than you have a 4.10. I didn't know that the KJ had a HD Command-Trac option.

The jeep website lists either 3.55, or 3.73 ratios, and two Command Trac Systems, but of course, this is on new models, don't know what they may have changed. That decoder, doesn't tell much, other than I have a 2003 Sport 4x4 with a 3.7. :)