Feedback on touch screen H/U upgrade option form ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dianic

Reaction score
Hello everyone...
New guy here.
Have a quick question, as I did look around but couldnt find any relevant answers.
Has anyone seen/tried the aftermarket but so OEM units on ebay which replace the 1.5 DIN size stock radio with a touch screen unit with MP3, bluetooth, navigation, DVD etc?
I know that you can do a lot of aftermarket for that money, however the OEM look is hard to beat...

Have cropped it a bit as I do not wish to plug the seller - not affiliated.

Seems quite interesting. Windows OS.

Would love to hear experiences if any...

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 151

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still using the stock stereo so I have no experience with anything else, but that does look pretty sweet. You said it's Windows OS, what features would make that applicable? Or does that mean it doesn't like iPods? hahaha

dianic

Reaction score
Well no, it does, its has an ipod interface as well.
It means that it runs like a mobile phone I guess. Windows Mobile OS I should have said. Its a bluetooth unit, DVD unit, can read SDs and any USB, navigation, touch screen interface. Also TV tuner... Everything you always wanted but were afraid you couldnt get in OEM fit.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how you found that considering I just spent 20 minutes on Fleabay and Google looking for the same thing. If it's a drop in plug-n-play receiver, that would be pretty cool depending on the price. That said, I'm not sure I want a windows OS box in my Jeep. I like the simplicity and reliability of my OEM set up with iPod dock.

dianic

Reaction score
Price is from $399 to $550 depending on the vendor.
The most attractive in my view is the look. Sooooo much better than that busy thing we have in the dash. Then its ipod integration, and bluetooth... 4x50w is also nice. Touchscreen is ok. DVD I dont care for, Navigation is a bonus I think... will PM you a link.

dianic

Reaction score
I came across this a few days back searching. It's an older model but similar. The interface now looks much better.

Thanks for linking it now the resource is complete. However it still lacks user experience of the new model.

Let's see.

Thanks everyone.

winddancer

Reaction score
Dianic..
Did you, (or anyone actually) ever get this unit??
I have been looking into it for a KJ I just bought..
thanks

DeLeonR

Reaction score
I have it on my KJ. I've had it for about 2 years already. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could always do this...

You must be registered for see images

it's not quite done, but it's the next gen rectangle radio for Chryslers, so once that's done if you decide to change you'll have more/better/bigger options.

DeLeonR

Reaction score
If you want to go with a double din, someone in ebay has been selling pre-made bezels.
I haven't tried these myself.

Ebay Link

Expreezy

Reaction score
could always do this...

You must be registered for see images

it's not quite done, but it's the next gen rectangle radio for Chryslers, so once that's done if you decide to change you'll have more/better/bigger options.
Where did you get this h/u from???

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get this h/u from???

WOOT had them for sale from the OEM supplier called Metra. HOWEVER the unit broke recently and is going back for a full refund. Metra ***** and is refusing to honor the 3 year warranty. luckily WOOT is making good.

Nascar-ta

Reaction score
Hello I purchased one of those ebay Nav units like the one you originally displayed. It is alright. The only issue I have with it is the lack of instructions for putting the unit in and making it work correctly. I still haven't been able to get my steering wheel buttons to work with the system.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello I purchased one of those ebay Nav units like the one you originally displayed. It is alright. The only issue I have with it is the lack of instructions for putting the unit in and making it work correctly. I still haven't been able to get my steering wheel buttons to work with the system.

You won't be able to get the steering wheel controls to work unless it's a Chrysler head unit, or the head unit has an input on the back for a wired remote. If it has the input for a wired remote on the back, you can use an Axxess ASWC-1, provided it has comparability with the head unit (I don't know the make or model of your head unit, so you'd have to check). I believe all the information is available on their website.

Gonzo

Reaction score
The overall stuff is quite good, but the software is crap, a kid should have programmed the functionality better. Meaning: it's not an example of great software engeneering. But it works