Extra driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be putting some more driving lights on the front of my push bar. I am curious of everyones opinions. I drive mostly in street lamp areas but I work long shifts so I leave when its dark and get home when its dark. My options are Hella 500s 55w for not blinding oncoming traffic on the pike or KC slimlights 130w. Are there any other options I should be considering?
:icon_question:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with KC slimlights. I have the daylighters and they are great just a pain to install since they are so fat, I wish I had gone with the slimlights since they are not only brighter, but easier to install as well.

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hellas in the 55 watt, otherwise you'll be blinding the crap out of everyone on the road

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom! I really like the combo feature and those seem much more road/off road tested. Thats the one I will go with once I fit it in my budget haha. Either the 20" dual or the 12" dual.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking back again. I tried to find the laws for lights in MA but only came up with the minimum requirements for cars! It seems there are no laws for auxillary lights besides the fact they have to be DOT approved unless offroad use only then covered and unlit. Does anyone have any good links to law sites?

Sorry the LED light bar is out. As Ryan from Jasper Offroad said "The lights are simply too bright".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking back again. I tried to find the laws for lights in MA but only came up with the minimum requirements for cars! It seems there are no laws for auxillary lights besides the fact they have to be DOT approved unless offroad use only then covered and unlit. Does anyone have any good links to law sites?

Sorry the LED light bar is out. As Ryan from Jasper Offroad said "The lights are simply too bright".

For street yes they are, have to stay with 55 watters for street driving. I have a set of LEDs , then a set of Hella FF700s on the front bumper , plus the stock fog lights, then moving to the roof rack..............:icon_eek:

Latest posts

Members online