EVIC forgetting settings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas why the EVIC would forget settings? On occasion it will switch from standard to metric on me, and the headlamp delay doesn't want to cooperate at all anymore. Those are the only two settings that don't keep.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first thought would be to Check the battery and all connections.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still has the original battery in it. I know 9 years is old for a battery, but it still tests fine and there are no other problems. I've pulled it out and reseated the plug, and that didn't change anything. Just figured I'd see if anyone else on here has had this problem and figured it out before I spend the money on a battery just for diagnostic purposes.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still has the original battery in it. I know 9 years is old for a battery, but it still tests fine and there are no other problems. I've pulled it out and reseated the plug, and that didn't change anything. Just figured I'd see if anyone else on here has had this problem and figured it out before I spend the money on a battery just for diagnostic purposes.

Wow.....9 years old for a battery and you are in Mn. too. If it were me I would get a new battery before the real cold comes and the snow flies, "just because".

I do not know if that will fix your problem but 9 years is a real respectable length of time and that battery is ready for retirement.

Dave

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My EVIC occasionally does the same thing, it switches from US to Metric while I'm driving so doubt it's the battery.
But mine doesn't loose anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk