ET 0 rims with stock tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btd

Reaction score
Hi!

2003 kj without lift.
Stock size tires: 235/75 r16

will they rub if I switch 16x7 rims with stock ET 38 to rims with ET 0?

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure but there is a tire conversion calculator that might help out. you can put in the tire sizes and figure out the difference, then use that with the stock settings of the jeep. For instance, when you go to the link it will take you to the tire size calculator, just tab to the tire size comparison and imput each one.

btd

Reaction score
I don't see how tire calculator can tell me anything about rubbing of wheels with different backspace (ET)

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using the measurements. For instance with my lift I know my max tire size was 31". But I went with 265/75 for the look which is a 31.6" tire. so to figure out how bad I would rub, without spacers, I calculated it out with the measurements of the inside and using the tire calculator to figure out the rest of the dimensions of the tire. Basically i don't rub unless i am turning the wheel to the extreme left or right, light pulling in/out of tight spots o_o

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by ET but you need the high backspacing of the stock rims otherwise you will rub. With a lift, you can go closer to 4 inches of Backspacing. Most certainly not 0...