escoff and 4x4low stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rissliberty

Reaction score
hey guys. i own a 2010 liberty sport. my wife was trying to get through snow drifts in our lane with -10 to -20 degree weather yesterday. while doing this she used 4x4lo she said. and she ended up not trying it cause it was too deep. the proceeded to park it back in the garage. she put it in park then switched it back to 2wd. now when you start it the escoff light stays on and i b elieve its stuck in 4lo because it wont shift once your about 35 mph @3000 rpm. im warming it in a garage hoping it just got too cold and locked up. any ideas?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you shifting the ****** into Neutral to shift into 4LO?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This and you should be moving 2-3mph when shifting into and out of 4LO.

NOT on a KK...

It has to be stopped before shifting out of 4WD Low Range.

The computers will NOT allow it if the Jeep is moving.

KK Rules:

While Stopped:

1. Shift transmission to Neutral
2. Shift transfer case to 4LO
3. Wait until the ding.

For shifting OUT of 4LO

While Stopped:

1. Shift transmission to Neutral
2. Switch transfer case back to 2WD or 4WD Lock or Auto depending on what transfer case you have
3. Wait for 4LO light to disappear

Last edited:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me before. Found out if I shut it off in neutral and waited a few minutes then restarted it was fine. This was when I worked were they had KK in the fleet. Work called me to go bring one back in. I told them what had worked for me they tried it and it worked for them to.
This only happened when it was really cold and deep snow. That's what I don't understand.