electrical problems ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slow4u

Reaction score
So I just picked up an 03' renegade and right from the start I start having some electrical problems. I had the hvac stick, did the resistor on the blower motor. Which now works fine. Had a brake light go out, and the switch for the light bar broke. Now that's all fixed, but what is bugging me is the driver side parking light turns on with the headlights, but it won't blink. I have checked and double checked all fuses, cleaned all visible grounds and replaced the hazard switch, thinking it was a flasher problem. oh yeah, tried about 3 different bulbs. After all that the small outer bulb now won't even light, but the larger..3157 works, but still no blinky. The rear tail light still flashes, but the blinker on the cluster just does the hyper-blink deal. Any help would be great, as I am running out of ideas and I really don't want to bring it to the stealership!! thanx
-newb

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its incredibly late in MI, and my brain is in 4LO underdrive.

But the "hyper flashing" of any indicator light usually implies a bad.....

...I cant recal the word....

I think its refered to as a "flasher module", or a "blinker module"

2slow4u

Reaction score
the flasher on these is built into the hazard switch, when I replaced it there was no change. Is there a hidden relay I cant find, or maybe a fusible link?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean the actual bulb housing and any contact points on the plug. Then clean the bulb contacts. My last problem was with my driver side taillight blinker no working. It was due to the bulb not contacting correctly. I adjusted it and it works fine now.