EBC brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried using EBC brake pads?
I got some 7000 series SUV supreme pads for the front.
Supposedly they are designed not to squeal or vibrate, but they are shocking. Squeal like a pig, even after 600 miles of use and this is with copper grease between the caliper and pads.
Make all kinds of noises once warmed up.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried using EBC brake pads?
I got some 7000 series SUV supreme pads for the front.
Supposedly they are designed not to squeal or vibrate, but they are shocking. Squeal like a pig, even after 600 miles of use and this is with copper grease between the caliper and pads.
Make all kinds of noises once warmed up.

I would say that anything "designed to not squeal" that starts squealing almost right away is a colossal failure in design. Just sayin'

jordan3757

Reaction score
I put a set of them on my Liberty. They squealed like little babies until I bed them in. Be REALLY careful and do NOT let the pads set in on the rotors though while you're barely moving or you run a huge risk of warping them -- do this on the interstate late at night.

Check this link for the info...
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/troubleshooting.html

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBC brakes have a good reputation over here in UK.

I knew they had a good reputation. I am actually from the UK and the pads are made in my home town, even though I bought them in the US.
I've done as the instructions say on the box and used them gently up to now.
I'll give that procedure of braking from 60 to 10mph 5 or 6 times tomorrow.

I've used pads before where they have recommended braking hard from high speeds until the brakes fade out completely, then letting them cool down. Supposedly this conditions the friction material and gives it a longer life. I don't remember the manufacturer.

chirokj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of bosch pads and they work great. got them new on ebay for $17 still in original package