Ebay Intake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Buy from a reputable company!
Shit on Fleabay is just that... Garbage!
Boy Racer gear for folks who like to pop their hood at the mall and impress all the young girls with shiny junk crap like their "Gold" chains hanging from their pencil necks!
Silently yelling out for attention "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!
I have chrome under the hood to make up for the short coming between my legs! I can't really afford real performance upgrades, so I spend money unwisely on engine and "round the neck bling"!
"Maybe it will make me larger?

Get real, buy real stuff and not kiddy toys.

WillysOverland

Reaction score
Buy from a reputable company!
Shit on Fleabay is just that... Garbage!
Boy Racer gear for folks who like to pop their hood at the mall and impress all the young girls with shiny junk crap like their "Gold" chains hanging from their pencil necks!
Silently yelling out for attention "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!
I have chrome under the hood to make up for the short coming between my legs! I can't really afford real performance upgrades, so I spend money unwisely on engine and "round the neck bling"!
"Maybe it will make me larger?

Get real, buy real stuff and not kiddy toys.

I bought this Hilborn scoop on ebay....prepped and ready to impress the highschool ladies!

You must be registered for see images

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that twin intake is nothing but show. Filter placement is bad. If you are really looking for anything better performance wise you would get a CAI kit with heat box, or use a good drop in filter with the stocker. The ebay intake works awesome and is an exact copy of the top units. a pipe is a pipe. We would go with a reputable name but the reality is they extremly over charge for what it is, if their price came down then they wouldnt have to make knock offs. Your right Ryan know what your buying dont just listen to advertisments

WillysOverland

Reaction score
OK, I guess there are exceptions to the rule!
If you know what you are buying!

Nice Rod Dude!
That looks really sweet!

Thanks.. The point I was trying to get across is that there are good things on ebay if you look and are smart about it. I just wanted some realistic input on this intake which I think I have gotten. I wasn't asking If I should buy the intake, just asking if it would work and why it would or why it wouldn't. Just stirring the pot if you will. And I think I stirred the pot quite well.

WillysOverland

Reaction score
I agree that twin intake is nothing but show. Filter placement is bad. If you are really looking for anything better performance wise you would get a CAI kit with heat box, or use a good drop in filter with the stocker. The ebay intake works awesome and is an exact copy of the top units. a pipe is a pipe. We would go with a reputable name but the reality is they extremly over charge for what it is, if their price came down then they wouldnt have to make knock offs. Your right Ryan know what your buying dont just listen to advertisments

Where can I see what you did with your intake?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

tomorrow im making the heat box so ill post pictures when its all done

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a turbo guy and deal with intercooler piping all the time, trust me those turns are not bad

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Buying any of those CHEAP Ebay intakes, is 3 times cheaper than buying the all parts locally, to make your own. At least if you buy the Ebay intake, you got tubing and filters + hose and parts. Well, at Pep Boyz, for instance?

Filters are 39.99 each, K&N will be 60.00.
Tube, Connectors, Mount, & clamps will be over 100.00

So, about $140.00 to buy one locally, or to buy a prefabbed KIT ($130.00 cheapest) and try and get it to fit on your jeep.

A simple filter attached to a tube, to buy the parts at Pep is $80.00, and that clamps on to the OEM plastic tube, like how I made mine. I still have the 1 piece of tube left. It is 3" tube also, the OEM hose end is BIGGER, so I had to use the rubber connector on top of the pipe, to get to to clamp down.

So, I paid 20.00 for mine + shipping, much cheaper than Pep Boyz, or Auto Zone.

That $20.00 included:

2 Pieces of 3" Alum. Pipe
1 Rubber Hose for Breather
1 Connector (sheath) for OE breather hose to Included Hose
1 Grommet for IAT
2 Rubber Tube Connectors (Tube to TB, and Tube to Tube)
4 Band Clamps
1 Filter & Clamp
1 Mounting Bracket (crappy as hell).

I priced out ALL those parts, and was over $140.00 locally.

I even added that FF733 Fuel Filter to use as an oil catch can... I was still under $50.00 total.

Also, about pipe bends? Mandrel bends are fine, and does not impede intake as much as you think. Look at the OEM tube, how it bends right there at the TB! When you use a PIPe BENDER, you compress the inside of the bend, thus shrinking the size of the pipe at the bend. MANDREL BENDS are the same size all the way through, so there is no problem with what you think are HARSH 90-degree bends...

Last edited:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you feel like you need a bigger filter on that intake? When I thru mine on that was that size I felt it was too small.

I'm thinking I might sell some things around here that I don't need and putting the profit towards experimenting with this intake. Hell, if it doesn't work then it goes back on ebay. The listing also mentioned some sort of 30 day return policy too I think.

nah, it seems to be big enough.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this Hilborn scoop on ebay....prepped and ready to impress the highschool ladies!

now THAT is want in my KJ!!! put that in mine