Dueler A/T Revo 2 vs Destination A/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between these two. The local tire store has a buy 3 get 1 free deal with the dueler AT which makes it about 12$ cheaper than buying 4 of the destination ATs.

I've read the reviews on here and at tiretrack, but now it's decision time. Please tell me what you all think, I plan to buy today, tomorrow, or really soon :).

If anyone has info on noise level, and which would have least tread wear, that's important to the decision process.

Thanks,

Chris

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Dunno much about the Destination A/T, but my Dueler A/T Revo 2s have 9k on them and are wearing like bricks!

I think I'll get 50k out of these tires.

They're very quiet. Barely even notice them... up until about 80MPH then I can just start hearing them howl.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems that I misread the coupon and it does not include the Revo 2's. Little bummed out, but what do y'all think about the Destinations AT? Anyone have good experience? They're number 2 on the tiretrack AT ratings..

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had the Destinations, but a lot of people have sung their praises on here. I think they are a good "light" off-road-use tire. As long as you're not mud bogging or wheeling every weekend, I'd think you should be happy with them from the impression I've been given.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the tire stores doesn't have P235/70/R16 in stock and seemed to want to push P245/70/R16 size, do you think a stock 03 Jeep Liberty Sport v6 would be able to handle it without rubbing?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I has 245-70's before my current tires. I had a small lift. I did have a little rubbing on the sway bar, but none other than that. I attribute that to a fairly aggressive tread (AT2's) and think even in a 235/70 I may have gotten rub with that particular tread patten.

245/70 is generally considered as the largest tire one can run stock with little-to-no rub. If you do have rub, it'll most likely be on the sway bar - solution is not to crank the wheel all the way. It's really not an issue, you'll get used to it.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the Revo's on my F250 for over 50K
they were the 265/75 16's ,LRE
the truck weighed 9,000#+ ,and I work on scales so I know what it weighed
That being said I got a new truck and can not wait to put another set on this truck

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
One of the tire stores doesn't have P235/70/R16 in stock and seemed to want to push P245/70/R16 size, do you think a stock 03 Jeep Liberty Sport v6 would be able to handle it without rubbing?

Mine handled 245/70s perfectly.

And looked dang good while doing it.

My Revo 2s are great in sand.

Ask TBJ.

I didn't get stuck with mine.

His "man tires" did. ;)

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine handled 245/70s perfectly.

And looked dang good while doing it.

My Revo 2s are great in sand.

Ask TBJ.

I didn't get stuck with mine.

His "man tires" did. ;)

Well, turns out I read the coupon incorrectly, and it does not include the revo 2s. For the price, I decided to go with the Firestone Destination ATs ($100 less than the total getting the Revo 2's).

Store is going to call me when they get them in tomorrow and I'll have em by then. I'll post pictures if y'all want to see them on the Jeep.

I was curious if I should replace the spare tire? I think it is the OEM tire that came with the vehicle, (Goodyear Wranglers). I guess the only reason would be for tire age? It's 2003 liberty, and the spare has been covered since its birth.

Last edited:

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the tire store with new tires on the Jeep! It drives a lot better! I noticed the steering and overall turning improvement immediately, possibly due to the old tires being slightly underinflated, but overall, so far during the first 3 or so miles on the new tires, I love them!

I'll post pictures soon.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed they put about 40 psi in the tires... The manual referenced 33 psi... What should be a safe range for these tires?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ewwww, white letters are supposed to face in :p

It looks like you have a two KJ household. Pretty sweet.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ewwww, white letters are supposed to face in :p

It looks like you have a two KJ household. Pretty sweet.

I never had a problem or rather analyzed the outside lettering color, I just always had white lettering and thought that was the way to go... What reason you choose to have all black?

I guess the tires could just be flipped or paint/scratch off the white if it gets too dirty in the future...

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good...you went with the 245's correct? Did you notice any rubbing?

These ones are 235s. The 245 ones were a different tire brand/model that one of the stores offered, which I didn't want anyway. But was curious if the larger size would matter in any event.

I'm happy with the way these have been so far, quiet, handles well, looks nice, and hope that they last longer than the BFG Rugged Trail T/A I had on there before, which lasted roughly three years.