Dueler A/T Revo 2 vs Destination A/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Between 40 and 50k miles. The Bstone Dueler ATs would've gotten you closer to 60k, BFG Rugged Trails about 70, but they suck hard in wet weather.

***** ThunderbirdJunkie didn't see this topic before, he would've recommended BFG Long Trail Tours if you're not looking to go off road.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the BGF Rugged Trails I had only lasted about 30K, I agree, they did not fare well in wet conditions. Wonder why mine only lasted that long???

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Only 30k on yours? Regular rotations?
Heck, the Rugged Trails that come OEM on the Exploders and such dry rot before they wear out. Actual tread life is normally around 65-80,000..have seen as much as 90 on OE rugged trails on Exploders

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, rotated at every oil change...

They were beginning to show small cracks around the outer tread. It may have been partially due to the fact they were inflated at exactly 33 psi, which despite that, gave them a slightly underweight appearance. I say this now, because the tire place inflated my new current tires to 40 psi and they do not appear to look like the BFG ones did. I wonder how much the pressure rises as the tires heat up...

Maybe I should get the Jeep checked for an alignment?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. If it's never been aligned before, general wear and tear on your suspension has likely killed your alignment.

However, the dry rot cracking on the tires wouldn't be caused by that.
But also going to second running your tires between 35 and 38 psi. 33 is just too low ITBJHO

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if the tire shop will give me a discount on the alignment considering I purchased the tires from them...

It probably has wrecked it, considering the way the jeep has been driven on occasion :D

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't really notice it. I once drove a PT Cruiser (it was a student driver vehicle, I wonder what kind of mess its been through haha) that required holding the steering wheel to the left to keep it straight, but didn't notice anything drastic while driving the Jeep. I promised myself to drive it nicely over speed bumps and other obstacles :D...

It does seem to handle differently on turns now and coming to a stop. I always did notice a pull in one direction when slamming on the brakes, but that could be due to the brakes wearing down? I guess I'll see next time I have to slam to a halt if the alignment did anything to fix that.