Does ETC in KK 08/09 make a whistle-like sound ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavu

Reaction score
hello everybody,

this issue is known for 07 KJ's models (there is a TSB 09-001-07 dated on March 14, 2007), ETC whistles when acceleration (about 3-4k rpms);

Do KK 07/08/09 models equipped with 3.7 engines have the same Electronic Throttle Body parts as KJ 07 ?
Do they make the same whistle-like sound during acceleration ?

Maybe the issue is already solved in KK models and there is a possibillity to order a new ETC from KK and put it to my 07 KJ ? :confused:

thanks in advance for any advice
slavu

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out a Mopar website,and they list a cable for the 07,and a electronic sensor for the 08.Are you sure you KJ has a sensor and not cable?I have a KK,and have not heard your whistle.

slavu

Reaction score
hi, for sure I've got the sensor, cable was installed in previous models 02-06 but 07 has an ETC.
The whistle-like sound referes only to cars developed from january'07 to end of March'07.
I wonder if 3.7 engine in my KJ'07 is exactly the same as in 07 KK and 08/09 KK ?

If yes, maybe I can replace my ETC with a new one ?

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is call the dealer and ask.Thats probably where you have to go to get one.