Do all 3.7L Liberties have Fan Clutches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wchain

Reaction score
I was wondering, in the other thread I started, after looking around at her car, engine, I realized, there are threads for a fan clutch/fan, but theres no mechanical fan there.

Granted, a while back, with the engine work, I'm wondering if the dealer didn't replace the fan clutch when they put the engine back together.

Please chime in!

Thanks
Wes

wchain

Reaction score
Thanks Marlon.

I have decided to install a Hayden Universal 16" electric fan on the truck, then I'm going to find a Tow Package Shroud, and add that, and the fan and clutch as well. Down here in Texas you can't have too much cooling.

2003KJ

Reaction score
To my knowledge, you only need a fan clutch with a mechanical ( or viscous) fan. The only way the 3.7 gets this kind of fan is with the heavy duty cooling package (which if you have the towing package, I believe you also get the HD cooling package).

Where as, the 3.7 only gets the electric fan.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some libbys came with a bigger shroud, some had the smaller one. My 04 without the towing pack as the bigger one...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Some libbys came with a bigger shroud, some had the smaller one. My 04 without the towing pack as the bigger one...
Yeah. It pretty much all depends on what's in stock in the plant at the time. Nobody's gonna stop the line for the wrong fan shroud, hehe.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
jeepjeepster said:
Yeah. It pretty much all depends on what's in stock in the plant at the time. Nobody's gonna stop the line for the wrong fan shroud, hehe.

Same here! Thank you Line Workers!