Death Valley trip November 22-25, anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ucdzombie

Reaction score
I live in Nor Cal and need to team up with a couple of rigs when I go to Death Valley this November 22-25. Anyone interested please respond ASAP.

Plan:
Day 1:
We enter the park from north of Trona, CA. Via Escape Trail (not marked on map), we go across Slate Range. After entering Goler Cayon, we go over Panamint Range via Mengel Pass. Continuing on Warm Springs Canyon Road. Reach Furnace Creek by night fall. Attractions: Barker Ranch, Gold Hill Mine, Badwater (lowest point of USA), Devil's Golf Course.

Day 2:
Visit Borax museum at Furnace Creek, Artists Drive, Stovepipes Wells Village. Night stay at Mesquite Spring/ Scottys Castle.

Day 3:
Departure from Mesquite Spring, visit Ubehebe Crater, and Race Track (the weird moving rocks).

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a stock liberty make this?
I would be intrested
even though I am on the south side--way south--:smokin:

ucdzombie

Reaction score
Can a stock liberty make this?
I would be intrested
even though I am on the south side--way south--:smokin:

Hey dude thanks so much for your response! Let me send you a link and I'll let you judge if you think your vehicle can make it:

Off-Road Travel Death Valley Part 1: Off-Road.com

Some of the vehicles in the convoy are stock I think. It'll be fantastic if you can come because right now I only have my FJ80 and a Jeep from Irvine for Day 1 of the trip, and that segment is quite difficult. Day 2 we're meeting with a couple of Cherokees.

We are entering from the south side, so isn't it perfect for you too?

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey dude thanks so much for your response! Let me send you a link and I'll let you judge if you think your vehicle can make it:

Off-Road Travel Death Valley Part 1: Off-Road.com

Some of the vehicles in the convoy are stock I think. It'll be fantastic if you can come because right now I only have my FJ80 and a Jeep from Irvine for Day 1 of the trip, and that segment is quite difficult. Day 2 we're meeting with a couple of Cherokees.

We are entering from the south side, so isn't it perfect for you too?

Well it looks like I could do most of it but that rock obstical on the one canyon trail i wont be able to get up not enough clearance and I have stock tires. I am getting front tow hooks in the next few days. I am still intrested I will let you know
Thanks
Todd

ucdzombie

Reaction score
Well it looks like I could do most of it but that rock obstical on the one canyon trail i wont be able to get up not enough clearance and I have stock tires. I am getting front tow hooks in the next few days. I am still intrested I will let you know
Thanks
Todd

You may be right, I just found a couple videos of driving through Mengel Pass and Goler Wash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mSWqCBdUpA&feature=related

Ford SVT Raptor @ Goler Wash Death Valley - YouTube

In that case we can plan something else for day 1 and visit some other less difficult trails. I drive a 96 FJ80 with lockers and 32 inch tires, but I'm relatively new to off roading, so probably not a good idea to drive on too difficult trails this time. What do you think?

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be right, I just found a couple videos of driving through Mengel Pass and Goler Wash:

Mengal Pass with the Frontiers - YouTube

Ford SVT Raptor @ Goler Wash Death Valley - YouTube

In that case we can plan something else for day 1 and visit some other less difficult trails. I drive a 96 FJ80 with lockers and 32 inch tires, but I'm relatively new to off roading, so probably not a good idea to drive on too difficult trails this time. What do you think?

Probably right about the trails I am not new but not an expert eithercould use a little class like they have at big bear on 4 wheel'n. If you are new I would play it safe till you know your limits.

ucdzombie

Reaction score
Probably right about the trails I am not new but not an expert eithercould use a little class like they have at big bear on 4 wheel'n. If you are new I would play it safe till you know your limits.

Actually I'm going to stick with the original plan for day 1 and drive through the backcountry roads. But you can still join us for day 2 and 3!