Day Time Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmjt2000

Reaction score
Please excuse a dumb question but I just purchased a 2002 Liberty Ltd and heard that the Canadians have day time running lights and all Jeep did was change a relay in the fuse box. Is this true and is this possible to aquire/install for the US versions to have day time running lights? rmjt2000

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Some people have done it. But in order to do it, you have to change the computer in the Liberty to another country to one that supports the DRL.

But I believe once you do that, all you have to do is pop the relay in.

In my opinion it's not worth the hassle, because most dealers don't like doing the change in the computer.

Bennett

rmjt2000

Reaction score
Thanks Bennett! I assume you mean re-configure the computer? Or do you mean replace the computer? Should be something they can do with a push of a button. However, if there is money to be made, I am sure there will be much more involved. Sure hope this Jeep Liberty turns out to be a good vehicle. rmjt2000

rmjt2000

Reaction score
DRL

Thanks Bennett! Info absorbed (Long thread!). Will print out and see how far I get with the DC dealers here in the UK. Didn't see the part# for the Canadian DRL relay? anyone know it for a 2002 Libby, 3.7L auto trans? rmjt2000

vinthewrench

Reaction score
It might be simpler to pick up a GM twilight sentinel module (part # 12370511) http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ has them for less than $40.

simple enough to install

Red - +12 Bat
BLK - GND
PNK - IGN
BRN - PARK lights
WHT - Parking Brake
YEL - DRL lights or High beam?
TAN - HEADLIGHTS.