cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 sport came with cruise control, and it used to work fine, but now when u press the cruise is shows "cruise" on the dash but when u try to "set" it, it just wont grab it.

What could be wrong with it? maybe loose wires???

If anybody has an idea or a thought, please share it:)

trailman

Reaction score
My 05 sport came with cruise control, and it used to work fine, but now when u press the cruise is shows "cruise" on the dash but when u try to "set" it, it just wont grab it.

What could be wrong with it? maybe loose wires???

If anybody has an idea or a thought, please share it:)

Mine used to do that for a while until I popped my hood to start troubleshooting it. Right behind your airbox there is cruise control module with a vacuum line going to it. where the vacuum line goes in, it meets a rubber 90 degree fitting first. Someway somehow my fitting got chewed up so that there was no more vacuum being made to set the speed. 2 dollar fix with a similar rubber fitting at the auto parts store. If your lucky then that's all it is. I would at least start there if I were you.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine used to do that for a while until I popped my hood to start troubleshooting it. Right behind your airbox there is cruise control module with a vacuum line going to it. where the vacuum line goes in, it meets a rubber 90 degree fitting first. Someway somehow my fitting got chewed up so that there was no more vacuum being made to set the speed. 2 dollar fix with a similar rubber fitting at the auto parts store. If your lucky then that's all it is. I would at least start there if I were you.

I found that 90 degree fitting and it looked fine i follow the wire and its all good, i'll try to unplug and clean it to see if that helps,

Thanx,

lets see if somebody has some ideas

kJmuddinMom

Reaction score
My cruise control will not work either on my '04 Liberty. Was the vacuum line the problem on yours?

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't fix it , I just had a 480 miles trip and I didn't missed it, that's just me thou