CRD milestone: 10K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...as I was pulling into the driveway today, I looked down as the odometer rolled to 10,000 miles! I brought this baby home at the end of MAY!!! I have been on the road alot in her. I have had the normal problems out of her, (EGR, stuttering, etc.) but after they reflashed the computer last week, she runs sooo much better. Our normal fuel mileage runs from 26-28 mpg. I live way out in the boonies so when I go to take Raena to school that right there is a good 65 miles per day, but it is all highway miles. Hubby and I went to an ATV Rally in a nearby town and the CRD was a hit. We had lots of guys come up and ask us lots of questions, and she was just parked. The trails were too small... mainly just for ATV's! I show her off all the time and cant wait to get my lightbar and grill guard on it!

AAFD

Reaction score
Lea Ann said:
Well...as I was pulling into the driveway today, I looked down as the odometer rolled to 10,000 miles! I brought this baby home at the end of MAY!!! I have been on the road alot in her. I have had the normal problems out of her, (EGR, stuttering, etc.) but after they reflashed the computer last week, she runs sooo much better. Our normal fuel mileage runs from 26-28 mpg. I live way out in the boonies so when I go to take Raena to school that right there is a good 65 miles per day, but it is all highway miles. Hubby and I went to an ATV Rally in a nearby town and the CRD was a hit. We had lots of guys come up and ask us lots of questions, and she was just parked. The trails were too small... mainly just for ATV's! I show her off all the time and cant wait to get my lightbar and grill guard on it!

Great to hear and great MPG!!!!!

KC

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad yours is doing great.....dropped the wife's off last Thursday with a check engine light (EGR Valve) problem....picked it up Tuesday, drove it about 26 miles, CEL on again then off again, now it's back to the shop a 2nd time. We downgraded from a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix S/C to a 2005 Dodge Stratus......but I can't complain....the loaner is free. I just hate gassin' upi other peoples cars.
Greg

Chaz

Reaction score
Lots of miles...

We bought our CRD on August 16th and it has near 5000 miles on it already... I drive 60 miles each way to work 6 days a week most of the time... I have not been getting near that kind of mileage, but I am a little heavy on the long pedal 8-[ ... I am going to have to try and take it a little easy and see if the mileage picks up, and I am hoping in another month or so I may be able to turn the AC off once and a while.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my CRD in May also. I'll roll 10,000 miles before the end of this month. I'm got the "shuddering" problem at 60 mph after a hard acceleration, and some excessive valve-train ticking on a warm startup, but other than that it's been flawless and I'm averaging 20.5 towing, 23.5 around town empty, and 26 on the highway.

\:D/

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the CRD back once again........we now have a new torque converter in addition to the EGR Valve. Three people from the dealership (including the sales manager) drove it and called us around 3:30 today to let us know it was ready. Rebecca said everything is fixed, no shutter with OD off, and it was showing 24.9 mpg even through some very mountainous terrain on the backroads home. All is well once again. Even had a chance to throw a little soap & water on it this evening, too.
Greg