CRD diesel charge opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claudio

Reaction score
The opening for diesel charge (i don't know how it's called in english) has two little holes (air out) and one big (nozzle in), with a latch that open when the nozzle on the station push it, but here at work we have trucks and the diesel charge machine has a bigger nozzle so it doesn't fit inside the charge hole, so the latch is closed when i charge, and is pretty dificult to charge, machine several times refuses to put more diesel, and the mess of diesel spilling out all over my precious silver dream jeep!!

any body has the same problem?, can i dissasemble the open without taking all the tank, so i can make the hole bigger? it's plastic so i can put something hot to open it (diesel don't explode with high temperature)

thanks for any advice

Claudio

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel hose/nozzle you're using is of a high flow type designed mostly for re-fueling of large trucks quickly. The flow rate (gallons per hour) is tooo much for the Liberty. My 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 with Cummins Turbo Diesel DOES have a large enough filler opening to accomodate this type of nozzle; our Liberty's do not.
I don't see simply enlarging the nozzle opening to be a fix; the rest of the fuel hose to the tank has to be of the same size to accomodate the rapid flow of fuel. Best bet:buy yourself some 5 gallon jugs, fill them up, then transfer to the Liberty; or, buy diesel at a station with the correct size filler nozzle.

Greg