Crank case vent hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to repair my crank case vent hoses.
These are the two hoses that come off the back of the heads left and right side and go to the air intake.

Original part numbers are 53013457AA and 53013458AA both are basically just some pre formed 5/8 hose and they connect to a breather filter that threads right into the head (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LDQTKC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_xE-QFb7M3J59P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) These hoses are unavailable.

The updated hoses are part numbers 53013457AB and 53013458AB which appear to have the filter inline on the hose, and just use a hose barb adapter at the head rather than a filter/hose barb combo....

On my 2002 I have the filter breather with hoses from the factory it appears later they went to the hose barb and hose part numbers ending in AB

Would you
1) retain the factory filter/breathers threaded into the head and use plain 5/8 hose
2) switch to the regular hose barb and use the new hose part numbers with inline filters
3) use the filter/breather that is threaded into thead AND the new hoses with inline filter.....

Seamonster

Reaction score
Kyle, how did you resolve this?

The same hose, original “AA” version, on my 2002 KJ Limited gradually works itself loose at both ends when running over bumpy dirt roads. It’s understandable on one end because it’s split; I have it wrapped temporarily with gorilla tape. But the other end isn’t split, yet still comes loose. I guess this type of rubber just gets tired after some years.

Anyone, is there a reasonable fix to keep the hose on tight, before having to replace it?

Thanks,
Hoagie

Last edited:

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle, how did you resolve this?

The same hose, original “AA” version, on my 2002 KJ Limited gradually works itself loose at both ends when running over bumpy dirt roads. It’s understandable on one end because it’s split; I have it wrapped temporarily with gorilla tape. But the other end isn’t split, yet still comes loose. I guess this type of rubber just gets tired after some years.

Anyone, is there a reasonable fix to keep the hose on tight, before having to replace it?

Thanks,
Hoagie
And I should say. Yes i have the tape method too as mine is split on the engine end of the hose