Car Wax Daddy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy seems to know more than most. He know what swirls are and the fact that writing stuff in dirt on the paint hurts it. Im not sure why he uses a grit guard bucket(not sure if it had a grit guard in it) then used a brush. (smile with question marks here).

The way he cleans carpets works ok but it would be easy to put to much water in it. I like to use a little green machine myself with just plan water in it. For a cleaner I use Megs APC+ then use the little green machine to extract the cleaner.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I used to write stuff in dirt all the time. I still do at work when the valet shuttles are dirty. Usually things I write are out of anger. Enough of that... dude's good. I've only watched one video, I'll have to continue.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He seemed awful concerned about the car starting after washing the motor :eek:

-Ryan

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really like to wash my engine, but I'm too scared of hydrolocking it or shorting it out. I think I would feel better if I removed the alternator and blocked off the intake. What about the engine and ****** computer, are those sealed good.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I would really like to wash my engine, but I'm too scared of hydrolocking it or shorting it out. I think I would feel better if I removed the alternator and blocked off the intake. What about the engine and ****** computer, are those sealed good.

Well the only way you can hydrolock it is if you spray water directly into the intake. ANd the KJ's intake is designed to prevent this... and quite well might I add. It would be darn near impossible to do this by washing the engine, but if you're still uncomfortable, stick a towel in there.

The other components will be fine as long as you don't BLAST them with water, but definitely stay AWAY from the alternator. I've seen what too much water will do to an alternator. Let's just say that me and my mom barely made it home that day. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the only way you can hydrolock it is if you spray water directly into the intake. ANd the KJ's intake is designed to prevent this... and quite well might I add. It would be darn near impossible to do this by washing the engine, but if you're still uncomfortable, stick a towel in there.

The other components will be fine as long as you don't BLAST them with water, but definitely stay AWAY from the alternator. I've seen what too much water will do to an alternator. Let's just say that me and my mom barely made it home that day. :)

I pretty much stuck the water hose in the intake to show people it wont hurt anything in that vid I posted on here. As long as you dont take on a river, with the engine NOT running it will not hurt anything to get a little water in the inlet for the air filter box.

Dont spray the computer, alternator, or any connections directly and it will be just fine.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might give it a try this sometime this week. I'll cover the PCM and alternator with tin foil, just to be extra safe. Do you have to grease anything afterwards (hood latch, tensioner, etc...)What kind of degreaser do you like?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I took mine to the car wash a couple weeks ago and power washed the engine without any ill effects. I've read pros and cons, but most of the pros I've read say that it's fine so long as you don't spray your engine while it's running. Once you're done spraying it down, then start the engine to dry.

Works for me. *shrug*

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Might give it a try this sometime this week. I'll cover the PCM and alternator with tin foil, just to be extra safe. Do you have to grease anything afterwards (hood latch, tensioner, etc...)What kind of degreaser do you like?

I just use the degreaser they have at the coin car washes, which is where I do my engine washes. It works well enough.

Be sure to take before and after pics. :)

BTW: I don't cover the alternator... I just don't spray near it. Here's what I do:

First thing, spray engine with degreaser. Wash rest of vehicle. Then come back and spray down the engine on low pressure. For tough spots in engine compartment, use high pressure. Dry. Glare at clean engine. :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
i spray the fxxx out of my engine bay, while the engine is running. i get EVERYTHING...alternator, PS pump, steering rack, AC compressor....whatever happens to be in my way.

Done it at least once every two weeks, and i've had the thing for 3 years, so i figure that works out to 75 times...so I must be doing something wrong if I haven't killed my alternator yet.