Canoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
About 5 years ago had a chance to do a week in Quatico. Awesome trip,

Now that is a park! Quetico is known around the world as one of the most incredible places to paddle. It is on my list without a doubt!

I'm trying to get someone brave enough to do a full day/overnight with me. I'd even do it with a canoe:happy175::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Keep workin on it :D There are so many awesome places to trip in our general area, I'm sure the U.P. has a lot of places (although I've never been north of Bloomfiled Hills) :D

I find that kayaking (river not white water) is actually a much different experience, just being a few inches closer to the water really gives you a different perspective. I really enjoyed the couple trips I did in a kayak, portaging that beast... not so much.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You canoe guys are making me jealous.
Even though I have a power boat, I miss paddling the quiet lakes, with fishing rod and a cold case handy.
Got to get me one. I like the kevlar 16's.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic

80 year old canoeist first time kayaker
Here is a picture of my neighbor. He is 80 years young and a Grumman canoeist.This is his first time paddling a kayak on a river.Pine River Luther MI.Next month he is hiking backpacking on Isle Royal for 5 days.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I wanna be like that when I get that old! Shoot... I wish I could do that now!

(lacking time, mostly.)