Bt4 or isb 4. Cummins diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Dose any one know of someone droping a Bt4 or isb 4 Cummins in a kj or kk for that matter. I was kinda kicking around the Idea. I guess i could go with a Bt 6 or isb6. I do have a few around here . But that would be a lot of work To accomplish that job. Most likely if i do it. It will be an isb 4 conversion. To a P- pump. So there won't be the need for a ecm and i can just go with a pcm. Really wouldn't even have to have that. Running mechanical gauges. Just a thought. Any opinions on the Idea?

CTJEEP

Reaction score
Owning a KJ , and a 4BTA, it would appear near impossible to fit the engine under the hood for vertical clearance issues.

A 4BT is near 3' tall......major issue in a GM square body.

The lack of a full frame makes the conversation more challenging & costly.

If you have enough money, to make a custom one off Jeep, someone will do it.

Simpler to install a Cummins 2.8 conversion engine, or.sn industrial 3.3L

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
I didn't even think about the height.lol. It would definitely need a heck of a hood scope or some serious fabrication. It would be a fun toy though If it ever got finished. I'll check out the two you mentioned though. 5.7 hemi would be nice to have but i doubt it would fit. Have not really checked to far in to yet.

helt3rsk3lt3r

Reaction score
Probably better off looking at the VW diesels, better than a 4BT for this application in many ways