Blowing Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwerblo2

Reaction score
The other day I started my jeep and the alarm went off as soon as I did. The horn was going, windshield wipers lights etc all on. I turned the car off and the alarm stayed on and the engine kept running. After about 5 min, the horn stopped but the car kept running even after i turned the key off and took it out.

To kill it i pulled the run relay after it was running about 10 minutes. Let it sit for half hour or so just to let the system reset with the battery disconnected. Hooked it all back up and everything seems to be running fine.

But now my door locks wont work and neither will my horn. Checked the fuses, they're blown. Disconnect the battery, replace them. There seem to be two fuses for the horn, one for left and one for right. The right was blown, replace it and it doesn't blow but the horn still doesn't work. The other one just blows as soon as you reconnect the battery. This is the "lock/unlck mtr" fuse.

Anyone have any sort of idea what happened or what i should do other than call the stealership?:Frustrated: