Benett: Is this Bull Bar/Grill Guard the Same as Yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I think this is the same as yours, sans the covers over the headlights.... If you could confirm for me I'd love it. I love the look and REALLY want somewhere to mount some lights on my front end.

More shots here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/749481

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still looks the same to me....

Bennett -- are the hoops over the headlights removable??

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have decided (since I don't care for any of the bars currently available for the KJ, there used to be some cool ones but it seems they're no longer?), to have the top center section of the front bumper Ryno-lined. Then I plan to install KC Rally 800 Series driving lites (black) on the bumper.

I wish someone made a simple lite bar for this same area. ](*,)

- Hammer

xraymankb

Reaction score
Light bar.

There is a bar made to go between the 2 humps on the bumper. saw it at the local 4x4 shop. it was stainless and around 140 bucks. the dealer wanted me to get it and try it, but, he wasn't willing to give me a break on the bar and lights. can't remember the name, I think it was Cruizer. I thought since I was the first, I should get a deal for R&D \:D/ . it looked great. try a search, they also made a bar for the roof rack.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Well I have decided (since I don't care for any of the bars currently available for the KJ, there used to be some cool ones but it seems they're no longer?), to have the top center section of the front bumper Ryno-lined. Then I plan to install KC Rally 800 Series driving lites (black) on the bumper.

I wish someone made a simple lite bar for this same area. ](*,)

- Hammer

Look under the group buy section. Talon is trying to get atleast 5 people and you can order it for $126....reg $180. Check it out....is that the one?

CoasterG

Reaction score
I have the same brushgard as Bennett - it seems to be the same and the light covers are removable. Might have to take mine off and see what it looks like since its easy to do, just a few bolts.

Bought it from Ebay, Bennett sent me a link to the seller a few months back - I think it was $229-249.

George

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any chance you could take a few close up picts detailing the mounting locations?? I'm looking at buying something for the front to mount lights on (this or the Mopar tubular bull bar), but I'd have to custom fab mounts as I have a front reciver hitch.....

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04RkMtnKJ said:
Look under the group buy section. Talon is trying to get atleast 5 people and you can order it for $126....reg $180. Check it out....is that the one?
I really appreciate the heads up on that group buy however I want a bar just like that only black powder coated. When I mentioned (previously) about some bars I saw in the past, the bar I hoped to buy was available in chrome or black powder coat. I saw it in a "Custom Connections" catalog (from Roselle, Illinois) however when I went to the bar makers website (for the life of me I cannot recall their name?), they are no longer making bars for any vehicle. I was bummed.

Since I cannot find what I want, I thought I would Ryno line the top center of the bumper. Thinking the lining might re-enforce the plastic.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hammer

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nate5238 said:
This is the closest thing i could find, aparently 249 shipped. http://www.ustruckaccessorieswhse.com/go_rhino_sumatra_3000_cente.html
This is from the same company as brian from sound domian, not sure if it is the correct model match.

-nate

thats very different than the my original post IMHO....the one in the pic looks to me to just not have the headlight hoops. That and I dont believe the one you've found has a fitment for the KJ.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SRotblat said:
still looks the same to me....

Bennett -- are the hoops over the headlights removable??

YUP, they are removable and thats it.

I kinda like that look.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
I thought he said everything was welded... hmm... 8-[ kopkrab.gif

Well it is, execpt the hoops, those two pieces are removable.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think you could take close shots of the mounting points -- I wana see about custom mounting it to my front hitch :-k

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SRotblat said:
Think you could take close shots of the mounting points -- I wana see about custom mounting it to my front hitch :-k

Yea I could do that. I've been thinking about doing that myself, but it would take some time to do it. Too bad, they don't make brushguards with hitches as an option.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed, someone should have thought of this before. I'm in no real hurry, buying a house is taking priority over all other purchases currently....