AZ Turkey run, option #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, don't want to steal others from the original Turkey Run thats going down to Bisbee on November 24. BUT because I don't have enough time to do that run, would anyone be interested in do a run locally??? Maybe on the west side or east side of the valley. Just throwing out an idea. idea.gif It will still be November 24th and will have to be an "easy" one, I'm still stock w/o skids ;)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to do somthing like that, but on another day so i can do both? :D er is 24th your only avail day?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2

If Mike says the trail he's thinking of doing is okay, we've already committed to that.

Anyway possible you can come up with a different date for your run?

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, got class the weekends before. :mad: If no-one can do it, maybe in December.... Have fun in Bisbee, I've wanted to stay at the Shadey Dell, it looks cool!!

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, got class the weekends before. :mad: If no-one can do it, maybe in December.... Have fun in Bisbee, I've wanted to stay at the Shadey Dell, it looks cool!!
Pearl... pick a date and a trail for Dec. If you post, they shall come. Whatever date and trail you pick, add us to the list. If you need help picking a trail, just ask and someone will post some choices.

AJ

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have been interested, but it looks like it is just not a possibility. Our group is big, but not that big LOL. Anyways, I should be good for December and I would also prefer a simpler run closer to home. What direction have we not gone in yet?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be available that weekend. Since I'm driving back from Laughlin that Friday I don't think I'll be making the Bisbee run. I'll keep an eye on this one and see what we get.

AZ-RED-KJ

Reaction score
I think i could make it out and meet up for a trail run on the east side
I need more info?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i could make it out and meet up for a trail run on the east side
I need more info?
Welome to the forum!!!

Let me see if we can get Corwyyn to put something together. I'd be happy to lead a trip, but I'm already signed on for one down in Bisbee.

Yo Kevin, are you out there??? If your Jeep is/will be fixed, there's some folks showing an intrest in a run....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the site! Glad we can get another AZ member on here. I know quite a few members are going to Bisbee, but there are also a few on here (such as myself) that prefer to stay within daytrip distance. If we are unable to organize a closer trip in November, I know we planning on having one closer to Phoenix in December.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, since we are starting to see some interest in a run I'll throw out some suggestions:

1) Box Canyon (near Florence) - I did this one stock and other than a couple of big rocks to climb over it's a nice trip.

2) BCH - we just did this one a few weeks ago but it would be a nice run for stockers, plus the trees have probably turned really nice colors by now. Pretty sure this one would even be doable with a 2WD KJ.

3) The Rolls - north of Saguaro Lake, just a fun place with lots of hill climbs and wash runs, we could head out to one of the coves for a nice lunch.

4) Mt. Ord - might be a bit cold up top but it would be a great view! This one will depend on the weather.

So those are my suggestions, if anyone has a different idea post it and we'll see what we can do. I've run all of the above trails so I don't have a problem leading wherever we go.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it is not on a key weekend i can probably go (working retail means no holiday offroading for me) but i would be interested in a Dec run The slave drivers cant make me work every day![-X and i will for sure be ready for a release.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but i would be interested in a Dec run The slave drivers cant make me work every day![-X and i will for sure be ready for a release.
Dec is only one month away. Post something up you want to do and put it out there so everyone can make plans. I'm sure someone will step up to lead whatever trail we pick if you haven't been on it before, so that's not an issue.

Any date and any where is ok with us....

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have no problem with a run in December, but this run is going to be a close-in alternate for those who want to do some wheeling after Thanksgiving but can't make the trip down south. The date would be the 24th, but the destination is still open for discussion. Any of the trails I mentioned above or if someone has a request post it up.

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AARGH!!! OK, so yet another reason why I hate school... it interferes with my personal life!!! Was just told that our Saturday class on the 17th is being canceled and move to the 24th!!! We begged like theres no tomorrow to get out of it, but they're not budging. So, I'm out!! cryinghard.gif That'll teach me. Schools out mid Dec, so hopefully I'll be off work for the next trip. Thanks to Kevin and who ever else was interested, please go and have a good time for me! sad2.gif

AZ-RED-KJ

Reaction score
Box Canyon sounds great but im open for either of those.
November 24th should work best for a day trip
sounds like a few can make it out still but if this falls thru
i would like to know soon so i can go out with the GTO guys
that weekend (LS2GTO dot com)

Im located in East Mesa, near Superstition Mall

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd say go play with the GTO. LOL. I don't anticipate being able to make it either. Plans with the family over the Thanksgiving Week.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well it looks like we don't have any more takers so I'd say go have fun with the GTO group :) I may still head out to the FJ area that Saturday - even though I'll be solo you're never truly 'alone' out there with all the other groups around.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT

Kevin... did you get your Jeep fixed, what was the problem?

Latest posts

Members online