Arkansas KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jschulte

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new to the KJ, I only bought one because after my divorce last year, I needed a cheap rig, and need 4x4 all too often!

Although new to the KJ, I'm far from new to jeep...

Over the last 30 years, I've owned and built a '47 Willy, 3 CJs, 9 TJs, 11 or 12 XJs, two ZJs, one JK (JUNK) and one WJ. Recently considering a HEMI WK with QD2.

I bought my lil '03 with 160k miles on it, and now it's about to roll 209k. I've recently replaced everything on the suspension all 7 control arms, and TRE's. I know all the horror stories with the 3.7 but other than burning a lil oil it's still going strong! I love this little rig, and loving it more now.

After hundreds of hours of research here and all over the WWW, I decided to do an extreme budget build on my KJ to take to the BIG MEAT RUN in Disney Oklahoma this year. I read all the stories and all the hype and hate over this brand vs that brand, and decided to buck the system, and do it all MY WAY! Lol!!!

I did the 1 7/8" eBay front spacer, netting 3.5" lift, a 2" eBay rear spacer, trail master 15" steelies, 31.10.50 mud claw extreme's. after the alignment for UNDER $1000.

I'm from Arkansas, and I'm not afraid of redneck engineering, I, kind of a smart#ss, so please consider that in anything I say or do. LMAO!!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of info and experienced jeep people here to help.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck doing it your way.
Now get ready to replace the front UCAs etc
going with JBA UCAs will help some pus if you haven't install front and rear bumpstops as that will help that spacer lift last a little bit longer
Just be forewarned

Jschulte

Reaction score
I already mentioned I'm hard headed...

LMAO!!!

Ok...

This rig has nearly 210k on it, its about done...

I paid $1300 for it last year, because it had an "unrepairble" random misfire according to the PO. He had spent $2000 at a local shop trying to fix it, he gave up n dumped it. I could tell after a few miles it was a plugged converter/converters. He had recently replaced the rear one. But not the pre cats. $300 on amazon and it runs like a top now! I assume the cats died from the oil burning, about a quart per 1000 miles. And they will again. But for now it's perfect. Lol!!

I spent just under $1000 on amazon/eBay/4wheelparts for the lift tires and wheels.

$300 for all new control arms front and rear...

So for less than $3000 I got a pretty sweet lil rig that I been DD'ing for over a year now. I'm sure it won't survive the big meat run in Disney in a couple weeks, but it'll b fun finding the weak links!!!!