ARB Backordered adding weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part 1
I just hung up with ARB USA. They claim the next run of KJ bumpers start's production early March for an early April delivery. ARB USA only has 4 bumpers on order that are sold and will be receiving 1 YES 1 extra for stock. I guess anyone who want's one better order soon or wait a few month's more for delivery.

Part 2
I installed a Frankenlift about 2000mi hard miles ago. The KJ with a Frankenlift can jump decent with the right landing :happy175: I'm sitting at 23.5" and 23" in the front. The lower control arms are contacting the lower coil spacer (where they are designed to limit up travel) while sitting in the driveway. One UCA contacts the coil right about the same time. If I jack the front up they have virtually no pre-load at all. This is very noticeable at speeds on bumpy highways. I have JBA's on order and should get them soon. Going into corners I still get some settling pops (I think) and will re-torque everything in the front again. Does anyone know how much weight might be required to lower the front about 1" with heavy duty coils? I just looked at it and haven't yet figured out where or how to add some weight. I also feel it would be my fault if I ruined a set of CV's waiting on a bumper for another 2000mi. ANY Idea's
The only easy option I have noticed was to utilize the tow hook mounting nut's to mount a steel plate with lead ballast.

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know some one will say it but let me be the first
I have that lift and dont have that problem

Not really
What I would do is remove the HD coils OR the spacer
Local shop installed a Frankinlift ,very experienced
He said "if you don't have a winch and a steel bumper then
the Jeep will ride like a tank if even that good"
This was a few days ago and the KJ had just left

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I expected the rough ride especially until I got the bumper but, I didn't foresee the two to three month bumper delivery time. I think if I lowered it 1 inch the shocks might prevent the topping out bang and shutter. It still rides like a Cadillac compared to my CJ and the A/C keeps it cool here in the tropics to boot.