Amp wiring...suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two amps: one under the driver seat (we'll call this Amp 1) and the other under the rear, driver-side seat (Amp 2).

I'm using the RCA outputs of Amp 1 to signal Amp 2, so I need to find a way to shove an RCA cable down the middle under the carpeting to keep the distance from Amp 2's power cable.

Right now I just have the RCA cable exposed and connected (didn't have time to finish up). I haven't been able to spend much time trying to figure out a solution because my KJ is usually parked in dark basement (can't see anything). Parking out in public and squatting down to check out the insides draws too much attention (security guards & Military Police), so I need a well-planned solution where I can just "snap-n-go" before anyone can get to me.

Does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions? Or...how important is it to keep the RCA cables and the amp's power cable seperated? Amp 2 is used for powering a sub. Or...this may be all I need to confirm: Does the entire carpet lift up from the side to the mid-area?

Thanks.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go along side the passenger door underneath the trim. I only have 1 amp under the drivers seat, but I ran my rear sub wires toward the left hand rear passenger door, under the door scuff trim (floor trim along the floorboard of the door) and popped it out under my rear seat. I then just snuck the wiring out the back of my rear seats and into the sub.

I'll post some pics later.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RCAs going to my amp, and power right next to each other, and havent had a problem. Just make sure you use good shielded cables.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
I have the RCAs going to my amp, and power right next to each other, and havent had a problem. Just make sure you use good shielded cables.

I think I'll give that a shot. Not quite sure if my cables are well-shielded, but they are Monster cables so for that price they should be somewhat "high-quality". Shoot...I may have to get a longer one, though. I just got a 1-meter. kopkrab.gif

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(banan-hit)
Heh! Gotta love coat hangers! I was able to "thread" the RCA cables using a coat hanger as a needle. I threaded it out to the side and then back in and with a little tugging, the RCA cable straightened out toward the center. The best part was I did not have to remove any seats.