Airbag Light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KayPre90

Reaction score
So I dropped my friend off tonight after work. He's a bigger dude. As soon as he got out of my Jeep, a dinger went off. The passenger seat was completely empty and the passenger air bag light was still on. The air bag light was also on on my dashboard. I have a 2008 Jeep Gand Cherokee. My questions are.. What could have caused this? Is it dangerous to drive? I have an appointment with the Jeep dealership in 13 days (because a warning keeps coming up randomly saying my transmission is over temp) can this wait until then? Is my air bag going to deploy randomly while I'm driving? And lastly, how much does something like this cost to fix? Thank you and I'm sorry I just don't know much about this stuff...

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He probably broke the sensor switch in the seat! ;)
I'd sit in the seat and bounce up and down a couple of times to see if the light will go out, just in case it's only stuck in place. All that would happen is the passenger side air bag would deploy in the right kind of crash, since the system thinks someone is sitting in the seat. The seat sensor is there so that the the passenger bag won't needlessly and wastefully deploy in a crash if someone isn't sitting there. The air bags won't go off on their own for no reason.

Latest posts

Members online