Aftermarket lights that fit in factory holes on 05 Sport?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kayadog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of aftermarket lights that will bolt into the factory holes on an '05 Sport. The factory ones are expensive and seem to be low quality.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I think he is talking about the whole housing (the plastic) not the lamps alone. He might have head-first'ed someone or they are chipped/broken on the trail, etc.. ? Maybe he wants to put some hellas..

Hey if you are handy, how about being the first square headlamp liberty.. that would be a really interesting project.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he might be talking about the factory fog light holes in the grill. alot of the newer ones didn't come with the lights

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he might be talking about the factory fog light holes in the grill. alot of the newer ones didn't come with the lights

Just out of curiosity, what would fit in those holes? I'd rather have driving lights than fog lights in them, myself.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could probably just go to autozone or somewhere similar and check out what they have that's about the same diameter. I'm not sure I understand the difference between a driving light and a fog light, at least on the KJ's. My "fog" lights were just regular bulbs like headlight bulbs....at least until I changed them out for some colored ones.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how good are the stock "fog lights" on the '05+? THey seem kinda pointless being so high. Most "fog" or "driving lights" that are clear are mounted low to light up the road directly in front of the car. Are they aimed down to the road?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, they light up the road directly in front of the Jeep just like you're saying. you can definately tell a difference when they're not on, the headlights shine farther out and the fog lights shine right in front.

kayadog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not getting the email notification.

I do mean the factory fog light holes on the grill of the 05 Sport. Mine came empty and they bother me.

I am interested in driving lights for long distance illumination, for long distance illumination.

I was hoping there was one that would easily bolt right in that other people had tried.

I think they are mounted high up to prevent them from trail and road debris damage.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
05+ fog lamp holes are just too small.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a small hole, but they make several different cheap sets of fog/driving lights that start at around $20 for a set. Yeah, they would look different but maybe not too different if you're able to find a set that's the right diameter.

Here's one I found at JCWhitney----> http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000191071/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000191071

Wal-Mart might actually be a good place to look also. The interesting part would be trying to mount them. :D

Latest posts

Members online