Adding rear power outlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
I use a CPAP in my Liberty while car camping and have to leave the ignition on the whole night to keep the dash outlet on. Has anyone added a constant on power outlet, perhaps at the rear of the vehicle, or really anywhere else besides the dash?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't they already have one? My KJ has a factory one on the wheels arch cover.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t mention which year Liberty you have (KJ or KK). In the KK you can move the M7 fuse to the alternate position to make the power outlet be on all the time.

I have also added a second front power outlet and one in the rear, so it can certainly be done.

Bigezee69

Reaction score
Depends on the situation (what kind of wall and how thick) and the electrical standard (110 /240V). But in principle piggy back should be possible (again depending on a lot of „ifs“)

But honestly if you are asking this question I would advise to ask an electrician for a quote. Electrical power ist nothing got play with, And there are many ways to do something very wrong and endangering a lot of people

What? The OP is talking about 12 volt DC power hookup. There is no danger working with 12 volt DC power.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? The OP is talking about 12 volt DC power hookup. There is no danger working with 12 volt DC power.
Almost sounds like a spam bot response using ChatGPT
Must be a KK as my KJ has constant power to the power outlet in the dash as I have left my phone in it to charge up

Bigezee69

Reaction score
must be a spambot. nobody could be that stupid.

Yes he shows he has a 2011 Jeep Liberty so it is a KK

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
You don’t mention which year Liberty you have (KJ or KK). In the KK you can move the M7 fuse to the alternate position to make the power outlet be on all the time.

I have also added a second front power outlet and one in the rear, so it can certainly be done.
Several silly responses in this thread, but I'll take some responsibility for not looking at it sooner. You assumed correctly as to the year based on which forum I placed this and despite overlooking it in my signature. Anyway, this will help quite a bit but I'm unaware of where to find the M7 fuse sitting here typing but I'll assume it's with the rest of the fuses under the hood and I'll look and figure it out later this morning. Thanks for this answer!!! Just out of curiousity, would you mind sharing pics of your rear outlet placement along with how you ran the wires?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several silly responses in this thread, but I'll take some responsibility for not looking at it sooner. You assumed correctly as to the year based on which forum I placed this and despite overlooking it in my signature. Anyway, this will help quite a bit but I'm unaware of where to find the M7 fuse sitting here typing but I'll assume it's with the rest of the fuses under the hood and I'll look and figure it out later this morning. Thanks for this answer!!! Just out of curiousity, would you mind sharing pics of your rear outlet placement along with how you ran the wires?
I found my old thread from 2012 on LOST! It still has the pictures. Here you go:

Sorry I didn’t see your signature. I don’t think it shows up in the mobile version of the website, which is unfortunate. People cross post on KK & KJ forums all the time, so I try to ask if my response depends on model year.

Last edited:

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
But honestly if you are asking this question I would advise to ask an electrician for a quote. Electrical power ist nothing got play with, And there are many ways to do something very wrong and endangering a lot of people.
Heh, now with spam links included. Stand back, the lighting is about to strike.

* Spam Links now removed by LibertyTC- Please Report Spam !

Last edited by a moderator:

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
The spambot called my attention back to this thread so I'll use this to thank @lfhoward again. I went car camping a few days ago and switched the M7 fuse over and it worked wonderfully so thanks again! However, now the challenge is to remember to move the fuse once I'm done camping as I leave some power draws plugged in there.