ac question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmancillas

Reaction score
So last week my AC compressor clutch died and burned my serpentine belt off. Lucky I was just in my driveway. Anyways, I flushed the system good, replaced all O rings, I installed a new AC compressor, drier , and refrigerant hose with orifice tube. Also added 8 oz of pag 46 to system. Put a vacuum and it holds good a t 30 inHg for 45 min. Before attempting to add refrigerant I let it sit for about 2 hrs to check for any leaks , all is good. I turned the ignition on, and turned the AC on low; then I went to add refrigerant opening the low valve, but the system does not charge. The clutch won't engage on its on. I waited about 15min checking the weight of the refrigerant can, and no change. I put a small wire to the low side switch to make the clutch engage and it does. but still the system won't charge. I tried these steps 3times and still nothing. I checked fuses and relays, wires and connections all is good. I'm lost. I'm going to take it the the AC shop on thursday, but I just wanted some of your thoughts. Thanks. Jeep liberty renegade 2006 3.7L.

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get high and low pressure sensors checked.