ABS ,ESB and slide marks led are on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello experts :) ,

my liberty 2007 A/T been going very well even in hot weather we have in Dubai ,

recently got the ABS ,ESB and slide marks LED ON while on the high way

jeep drives normally ,except for ABS kicks in randomly when i start it morning and start moving

i have OBD2 Bluetooth using it along with torque bro to read codes on the other my 2014 JKU

when i scan it shows no codes ,i tried to clear faults also no luck

i doubted the TC position sensor ,and unplug its connector still same

what else i should be looking for ?

appreciate your valued advise

BR,
Ahmed

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Check to make sure that your battery terminals are clean/tight and that the battery passes a load test. Hot temp kills batteries/Alts faster. What is the charging voltage?
Best to have a high end shop scanner utilized to read the stored ABS ,ESB codes.
With the light on, there are codes, a proper diagnostic with codes should point you to the problem areas.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all on one fuse too, so check that before pulling codes. The codes will definitely help you figure out the issue if it's not the fuse. I'm betting on a bad sensor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you guys for reply ,
battery is new and fuse is ok i checked already
one guy told me its a bad speed sensor on one of the wheels will make such errors

i checked with Bullydog tunner also ,it shows no codes but when i clear faults leds are off till i drive few kms leds are on again

do you think bad sensor will cause same ?

br,
Ahmed

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you guys for reply ,
battery is new and fuse is ok i checked already
one guy told me its a bad speed sensor on one of the wheels will make such errors

i checked with Bullydog tunner also ,it shows no codes but when i clear faults leds are off till i drive few kms leds are on again

do you think bad sensor will cause same ?

br,
Ahmed

Yes. ABS and traction control rely on the wheel sensor and the tone ring for information. If one of the sensors is bad, it can't determine the speed of that one wheel and has to disable the programs until it starts receiving data again.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is this sensor connected ,
if i want to replace it its coming with long wire and connector ,

BR,
Ahmed

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some quick research online and it looks like the full, 37 inch harness comes with the sensor. That makes sense as the harness can easily get damaged. It should attach up inside the wheel well. I'm at work now, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys ,
Thanks for your support ,
I'm trying to figure out which sensor it is ,tried different obd scanners and no luck
Bough the obdlink mx ,still shows nothing
Tried turning key 3 times also not showing anything

Anyway to find which sensor is bad ?

Thank you

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pop your hood and take a look on the right hand side of the vehicle, there is a stud mounding point where the front passenger side ABS sensor connector is supposed to rest away from the engine block. Sometimes for reasons unknown that connector gets free and slides down to the engine block and over heats tripping the lights. Possible that may have happened so I'm throwing that as a suggestion to look at, if it has come free place the loop back onto the stud and see what happens it may have over heated enough to completely short out.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked ,
Found both sides still in place ,
If I disconnect it anyway to test or measure if it's good ?

Br,
Ahmed

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there is not, if the lights are on there is a code. You'll have t see if you can get a hold of a Starscan to verify the codes which will tell you which sensor is gone.

9maddog

Reaction score
My wife had the same issues with our jeep last night ,looked around the internet and the info came back speed sensor, but it shows the speed sensor in the back, some in the back of the rotors or in the middle of the rear axle,but when I looked I could not find it in any of those two places,I am starting to think its up front on 2007 liberty,anyone know where I can find the speed sensor