A couple of problems with my Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahcomcody

Reaction score
Hi! The first this is the air, when the heater is on, comes out sightly colder on the passenger side than on the driver, for both defrost and cabin air. My vehicle is not equipped with dual zone (if that is even an option on the Liberty). My heater core can get plugged, and I've read that many Liberty owners have had similar issues. Was wondering if this was or may be the cause.

The second thing is when I am reversing, I can hear a squeaking coming from the back. All my rubber bushings appear fine, but if they were worn I would think it would make the squeaking noise while going forward and reverse.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hi! The first this is the air, when the heater is on, comes out sightly colder on the passenger side than on the driver, for both defrost and cabin air. My vehicle is not equipped with dual zone (if that is even an option on the Liberty). My heater core can get plugged, and I've read that many Liberty owners have had similar issues. Was wondering if this was or may be the cause.

The second thing is when I am reversing, I can hear a squeaking coming from the back. All my rubber bushings appear fine, but if they were worn I would think it would make the squeaking noise while going forward and reverse.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Your reverse issue: how is the parking brake assemblies? Notorious for rusting stuck and causing noise.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If squeaking in reverse then first thing is to check the u joints on the rear driveshaft
After driving 20 -25 minutes put your hand near each one
If it feels hot its bad
Many vehicles do this when they are worn out , start with backing up and then after really bad even slowly moving forward

On heat how much colder ?

ahcomcody

Reaction score
If squeaking in reverse then first thing is to check the u joints on the rear driveshaft
If it feels hot its bad
Many vehicles do this when they are worn out , start with backing up and then after really bad even slowly moving forward

On heat how much colder ?
Thank you for the info on the squeaking issue, I will look at that after I go driving today
, e
As for the temperature differential, its hard to gauge, but its pretty noticeable, especially when on defrost, because the driver side will defrost while the passenger side will get foggy due to it being colder. I would estimate by feel that its at least 10 degrees apart.

ahcomcody

Reaction score
Your reverse issue: how is the parking brake assemblies? Notorious for rusting stuck and causing noise
Appreciate the quick response, but as far as I can tell, the parking brake assemblies seem to be just fine but I will definitely take a closer look today.

ahcomcody

Reaction score
If it feels hot its bad
After driving for about 20 minutes, I was able to touch the u joints, and they were not hot at all

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After driving for about 20 minutes, I was able to touch the u joints, and they were not hot at all
Did they feel loose at all ,
Also are you sure it is coming from the back , sounds will travel on these
Check rear boot on the CV on the front driveshaft

Latest posts

Members online