6-disc in dash cd player spits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mother has an '05 Limited with the 6 disc in dash player. When you're playing cd's , sometimes it will stop playing and start spitting out the cd's one by one and says "cd error". It doesn't do this in any particular pattern and the cd's are originals, not copies. We've had it checked at the dealer twice and , of course, they cannot reproduce the problem! I can't stand that, you can tell 'em in detail what exactly it's doing but unless they see it they won't do anything. We picked it up today from the dealer after not finding anything wrong. We argued with the service rep about it and it ended with me asking her "Well, can we test drive a new one today for about an hour?" she said "Sure!" I said "Good, because I brought my took kit with me, I'll guess we'll have to get a new one that way!" Needless to say, she gave me an "eat shit" look!

Anyway, anyone ever had that particular problem with the 6 disc?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, we left with our tails between our legs. no new cd player, and when you test drive there, the salesman goes with you. so basically, the only thing we got out of it was some elevated blood pressure!

Latest posts

Members online